This fresh and healthy summer salad is perfect for a light lunch or side for a bigger meal.
- Handful of spinach or preferred greens
- 1 1/4 pounds beets, peeled
- 1/2 cup Classic Vine-Dried Grapes
- 1/4 cup of nuts and try our friends @sante_nuts
- 1/4 cup lightly packed mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Peanut Dressing
- Grate the beets on the large holes of a box grater or cut into fine julienne.
- Add the beets and mint (save the rest for garnishing), Classic Vine-Dried Grapes and chili flakes. Season with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and lots of black pepper and toss.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes. Taste the mixture—the slaw should be tart, spicy, peppery, and sweet. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary, then add 1/4 cup olive oil. Toss and taste again.
- Spread a layer of greens on the bottom of a plate or bowl and top with beet mixture.
- Finish with the reserved fresh mint and a drizzle of peanut dressing.
Protein packed and a new twist on traditional beet salads. You can keep the beet mixture in the fridge up to a week.