Although summer is (almost) over, that doesn’t mean the yummy snacking doesn’t stop! As everyone gets settled into their new back to school routines, we have a few snack ideas that could help make the transition a little smoother and healthier. Below are a few back to school snack ideas with quick and easy recipes to follow. Most of these can be made at the beginning of the week so they’re readily available during those busy weekdays.
Chocolate-Pretzel Granola Bars
These bars are a great snack that offers a balance between sweet and salty.
Credit: Today’s Parent
- 1 1/4 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup creamed honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup puffed rice cereal
- 3/4 cup chopped pretzels
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Life’s Grape Dark Chocolate Dipped Vine Dried Grapes
- Spray an 8x8-baking dish with nonstick cooking spray/oil.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add oats while stirring often until brown and toasted (approx. 4-5mins). Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, stir butter, honey, and brown sugar over medium-high and bring to boil. Stir until sugar dissolves and remove from heat. Then add in oats, puffed rice, pretzels, and flaxseeds.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and smooth the top. Sprinkle chocolate chips and dark chocolate dipped vine dried grapes.
- Refrigerate until firm (approx. 30mins).
- Cut into bars and let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
- Keep in plastic bag in the fridge up to 1 week.
Maple Glazed Snack Mix
An easy, grab & go snack mix.
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup almonds or pecans (coarsely chopped)
- ½ cup of Life’s Grape Classic Vine Dried Grapes
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine popcorn, pretzels, nuts, and vine-dried grapes.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, stir in maple syrup and cinnamon. Take off heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture from saucepan over popcorn, pretzels, nuts, and vine dried grapes. Toss to coat.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour mix onto baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Cool before serving and store in airtight container.
Banana Vine-dried Grape Blueberry Cookies
A treat without the guilt! These cookies are the perfect mid-day – after school snack providing a quick boost of energy. Tip: If you make this beforehand, they last up to a week in the fridge!
Credit: Tasting Page
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oats
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ Life’s Grape Classic Vine Dried Grapes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and mash bananas in large bowl. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon, flax and walnuts. Add oats, vine dried grapes, and melted coconut oil. Then gently fold in blueberries.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Scoop ¼ cup of batter for each cookie. Gently press down to slightly flatten.
- Place in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and keep in fridge for up to a week.
We hope you enjoyed these easy, back to school recipes! Please let us know if you try them by tagging us on social @lifes_grape. Also let us know if you want to see a specific theme in future recipe blog posts or what your favorite recipe is so we can see how we can incorporate our vine dried grapes!