Welcome warmer weather with recipes made with fresh, bright and delicious seasonal flavors. Here are a few of our favorite to celebrate the season.
Morning Glory Muffins
Credit: Andie Mitchell
Start your day with these delicious muffins. Full of sweet mix-ins like Life’s Classic Grape Vine-Dried Grapes, coconut, pineapple and carrots, these muffins are a sweet grab-and-go treat perfect as you rush out to work or school.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple (including juices)
- 1½ cups shredded carrots 2-3 medium
- ½ cup Life’s Grape Classic Vine-Dried Grapes
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cups. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a seperate bowl, beat together oil, eggs, and pineapple then stir mixture into the flour mixture until combined. Stir in carrots, Life’s Classic Grape Vine-Dried Grapes, coconut, and walnuts. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes and let sit to cool.
Enjoy muffins right away or store for an easy grab-and-go breakfast the next morning.
Credit: Joyous Apron
Spring into springtime with a tangy, creamy, sweet and savory coleslaw. This light and airy version is healthier than the store-bought variety and only takes ten minutes to make. Even better, it saves well in the refrigerator for a few days so you can enjoy for lunch or as a side dish for dinner for days after.
- 8 oz shredded cabbage
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup Life’s Grape Classic Vine-Dried Grapes
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
Finely chop cabbage and carrots and add them along with Life’s Grape Classic Vine-Dried Grapes into a large bowl. Then, in a small bowl, mix mayo, sugar, apple cider vinegar and salt to create the dressing. Add dressing to the large bowl and toss to combine.
Eat by itself or as a side to your favorite healthy and delicious springtime dinner meal.
Bombay Carrot Salad
Credit: Feasting At Home
The beginning of spring means flavorful and bold meals are a must. Indian spices combine to create a flavorful dressing and the salad is topped with delicious cashews and vine dried grapes. This healthy vegan carrot salad is super easy to make a head of time to have as a tasty mid-work pick me up or as a side to a hearty dinner.
- 10–12 ounces carrots, grated or matchstick (about 4- 5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lime or orange zest (or some of both)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- ⅓ cup Life’s Grape Mini Vine-Dried Grapes
- ½ cup toasted cashews
- 3 scallions
- ½ cup cilantro or Italian parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave or alternative sweetener
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. Eat right away or store in refrigerator to enjoy later. The tasty meal lasts up for four days in the refrigerator.
We can’t wait to hear if you’ve tried out some of our favorite springtime recipes. If you decide to give one a try or create your own masterpiece, don’t forget to let us know by tagging us on social @Lifes_Grape!