It’s that time of year when the weather cools down, the leaves start changing colors, and we start to see pumpkin flavors pop up EVERYWHERE. As much as we love summer, we love the coziness of Fall, the warm colors that come with it, and the comforting food we begin to indulge in as we approach the holidays. This maple pumpkin trail mix is ready to be eaten with your yogurt, on your pumpkin smoothie bowl, or with a bowl of milk.
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅔ cup pecan halves
- ⅓ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup Life’s Grape Classic Vine Dried Grapes
- ⅓ cup cinnamon chips (optional)
- ⅓ cup dried apricots (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan add maple syrup on medium-high heat until it begins to boil.
- Stir in pumpkin pie spice, salt, and nuts, Stirring frequently until the syrup has reduced and the nuts have caramelized. This will take 3-5 minutes
- Spread mixture evenly on the baking sheet and before the candied nuts harden completely add the cherries, apricots, vine-dried grapes and cinnamon chips to the baking sheet.
- Once the mixture is completely cool and harden break apart into pieces and store in an airtight container