Summer brings on longer days spent outdoors with tons of gatherings. Let’s be honest, there’s nothing better than an outdoor summer picnic or BBQ with your closest family and friends. With the warmer weather, we want to keep the cooking to a minimum and leave more time for summer fun! Here are some quick and easy recipes that the whole family will love.
Ants on a Log
Not only is this snack nutritious, but also it’s an easy recipe your kids can get involved with and help put together.
- 3 Celery Sticks
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter (or any nut butter)
- Life’s Grape Classic or Dark Chocolate Vine-Dried Grapes
- Wash the celery sticks and cut to desired length
- Add the nut butter to the concave part of each celery stick and spread evenly
- Place Life’s Grape into the nut butter to represent “ants”
There are so many variations to this recipe! Personally, we like to mix it up by switching out the Classic Life’s Grape with the Dark Chocolate for something sweeter or adding granola for an added crunch. If your kids are not fans of celery, you can always replace them with carrots, pears, or apples.
Cinnamon Vine-Dried Grape Granola
Enjoy the flavors of an oatmeal raisin cookie in granola form! We’re always so surprised by the amount of sugar that’s in some granola recipes so we decided to share one that doesn’t have any added sugar! This granola will be the perfect topping to sprinkle over yogurt, smoothies, and more!
Credit: The Almond Eater
- 4 cups of old fashioned oats
- ¾ cups Life’s Grape Classic Vine-Dried Grapes
- ¾ cups raw almonds
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine oats, vine-dried grapes, almonds, and cinnamon together in a large bowl; set aside
- Melt the coconut oil and pour in a separate bowl with honey and vanilla
- Pour the we ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until the oats are completely coated
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the ingredients evenly using a spoon
- Bake for 20 minutes then remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Enjoy! (Remaining granola can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for up to 1 week)
No-Bake Oatmeal Vine-Dried Grape Energy Balls
For an easy and quick snack that can be packed and enjoyed anywhere, you have to try out these no-bake oatmeal raisin energy balls. This snack is filled with healthy and natural ingredients without sacrificing any flavor. They’re also the perfect source of fuel for busy times when you’re at work, travel, back-to-school, and more.
Credit: Julie's Eats and Treats
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup Life’s Grape Mini Vine-Dried Grapes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Put all ingredients into one large bowl and mix
- Roll into roughly 30 balls (sized however you’d like, you can make them larger or smaller depending on your preference)
- Refrigerate for up to one week or freeze to keep up to 3 weeks
Life’s Grape Party Bowl Mix
When it comes to attending or hosting parties or gatherings having a party bowl filled with a mix of sweet and salty treats is always a hit! It’s an easy snack that everyone can quickly grab, snack on, and eat in between all party festivities. Try out this party bowl recipe at your next event.
Credit: Mom's Dinner
- 2 cups Life’s Grape Classic Vine-Dried Grapes
- 1 cup Life’s Grape Dark Chocolate Dipped Vine-Dried Grapes
- 2 cups peanuts
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 ½ cup M&Ms
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Optional: pretzel sticks, popcorn
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix
These were just a few of our favorite recipes that are so quick and easy to put together! Let us know if you end up recreating any of these dishes by tagging us on social @lifes_grape. Here’s to a fun and delicious summer!