As a meal or as a side dish, you cannot go wrong with pineapple fried rice (not to mention the presentation!) The flavors blend so well together and are perfect for a summer meal. Ready in less than 30 mins, this might just become your new favorite easy dish.
- 1 pineapple bowl*
- 2 cups cooked day-old rice (cold)**
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup of our Classic Vine-Dried Grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Optional: add in your favorite protein
- Season a skillet with the sesame oil and cook peppers on low heat until soft.
- Add cooked rice and soy sauce.
- Add in cashews, Classic vine-dried grapes and pineapple.
- Stir together until everything is coated with the oil and soy sauce and sizzling hot.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- For extra heat and flavor drizzle with some sriracha before serving.
*How To Cut Pineapple into Bowls
- Cut your pineapple in half lengthwise
- Cut the center of the pineapple out leaving ½ inch around the edge
- Cut into cubes and scoop out sections
- Smooth the edges and bottom of the bowl using the edge of a spoon
- Drain any residual juices in the bowl and pat dry
- Dice the cubes of pineapple into bite size pieces
- Set pieces aside to use in fried rice
**How To Chill Rice (Quickly)
The best rice to use is leftover rice, however, if you are in a rush or don't have any leftover rice on hand, you still can make this delicious bowl.
- Cook a large batch of basmati or jasmine rice
- Spread a thin, even layer of rice on a large baking sheet
- Chilling can occur anywhere between 15 to 60 minutes.
- For quick chilling, place baking sheet in refrigerator for 60 minutes uncovered. For quickest chilling, place in freezer for 15 minutes or until chilled, but not frozen.
This tropical flavor explosion has a lot of flavor and only a few ingredients. Whip it up and don't forget to tag @lifesgrapesnacks!